Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pretty {little} Pouch finished!

I'm a bit early finishing up my pouch for the Pretty {little} Pouch swap, but since I helped create the group and I'm going on vacation the last week of April, I figured I should finish up soon. 
Pretty {little} Pouch complete!
Other side of Pretty {little} Pouch
Inside of Pretty {little} pouch
Close up of rainbow stitching
Close up of other side

I found a template for that arch pattern in a old quilt magazine, but it was intended to make an entire quilt AND it was a little too small for my purposes.  I enlarged it on my scanner and it worked out pretty well.  The final pouch dimensions are 7"x10".  I tried to take elements of my partner's mosaic and combine them.  It's really hard not to copy something exactly, especially when you KNOW they like what was in their mosaic and you can only HOPE they like what you create.  I used linen, some Munki, some LBAOM, and a little Spoonflower Heather Ross prints to make my rainbow.  Then, I added some hand stitching to the front and back (hopefully I didn't overdo it!)  I feel like such a dork stressing so much about a silly little swap!  I'm stuffing this pouch full of Munki charms and some other goodies I think my partner will like then it's off to the post office! 

10 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow~!!! Kelly, this is amazing, from the placement of the elements in the interest fabrics to the stitching (especially that multi-colored arch). Wait! That adorable little blue bird is hand-stitched? Girl, you outdid yourself.

I was soooo hoping this was going to your etsy shop. Lucky partner. ;D

Elizabeth Dackson said...

I just LOVE this little pouch! I am really hoping this might be coming to my house, I love your use of color and the handstitching is just amazing :)

KendasCrafts said...

That's great, I love it! Your swap partner is a lucky gal.

Kelly said...

you definitely did not overdo it! it's awesome!!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

Kelly! Seriously!!! this is so precious!! ♥ ♥ ♥

(and I recognize that lining). ;)

Angela said...

ohhh I've been loving this for as long as you started posting pics. You did a fab job on the hand stitching. You're going to have to show me in person how you did that. ;)

AllieKatMom said...

I think it looks great!! The stitching is so fun. Where did you get the idea for that?
Where are you going on vacation?

~Michelle~ said...

Definitely like this! your partner will be a happy camper :)

Lindsay Conner said...

A-dorable. :)

peaknits said...

What a sweet little pouch - lucky partner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...