Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Stars


I've been super sick the past few days (think flu and double pink eye) so I felt like I needed to work on something I wanted to do rather than something I needed to do!  I'm trying to break away from using whole collections in my quilts.  I always like seeing a mix of designers and styles in one quilt, but I have a hard time trusting my own judgment (plus, collections are *meant* to coordinate!).  This quilt is a baby step in that direction.  I have an overwhelming number of fat quarters so I wanted a design that would let me use some up.  I got two blocks from each FQ, plus I have leftovers for a pieced back.  Hooray!  I used prints from Amy Butler, Lizzy House, Michael Miller, Kei, Heather Bailey, Erin McMorris, Patty Young, Tula Pink, Robert Kaufman, etc.  Quilt measures approximately 72" square right now.  I will add this quilt to my shop once it's complete!



9 comments:

Beth said...

So pretty for summer! I hope you start to feel better soon!

Barb said...

I love your quilt! There is just something so beautiful about a star quilt...and you've mixed your collections and designers very well. Feel better soon.

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Really lovely work, its so fresh and your fabrics mix together so well!

Emily said...

this is lovely! I love stars as always! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Angela said...

so pretty Kelly! Someday you'll have to share how you get entire quilt tops made in the time that it takes me to make one block!!

Katie B said...

I'm not confident with mixing fabric lines either. But you did an incredible job! This is going to be a lovely quilt. Sorry you're so sick!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

it's awesome Kelly.

I was going to do a blog post the other day -- "I wanna be like Kelly." Because seriously, you are so productive Chica! :)

(But then I heard you were sick, and decided I'd wait a little bit to be like you). ;) All that vacationing wear you out?

BijouxBaby said...

Love it! So fresh and summery. I'm thinking about making a star quilt, but I also want to do a pinwheel and I can't decide which I want to do first.

I hate to tell you this, but the far left side 3rd block from the top is slightly different than all the rest. I'd want to know before I went any farther with the quilt. If you like it the way it is then everything is cool. I just thought I mention it incase you were unaware.

Everyday Quilter said...

your fabric choices couldn't be any more beautiful! I love this quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...