Sunday, May 8, 2011

What I Did On My SECOND Vacation

My best friend got married in the Keys this weekend!  Unfortunately, my hubby couldn't go because he had to stay home with the kiddos.  I had an awesome time!  I'm so happy for them!  Here is my trip in pictures:
View on the drive down to the Keys from Miami!

When I got there I hung out on the deck and read.


My best friend, Stephanie, showing me around the resort (Hawk Cay)

The Lagoon swimming area

The kid/adult pool.  There was also a pool for adults only and that's where we hung out.

Another shot of the Lagoon



They had a dolphin enclosure where you could swim with the dolphins.  So cute!

On our way to the welcome dinner.

Butterflies were her theme and the welcome dinner was held at the Butterfly Cafe--a happy accident!

My "date" Sara.  Her hubby couldn't make it either so we paired up for the events.

My room

My bathroom

my deck

View from my room


Steph getting ready for her big day!

Say cheese!

Tim waiting for his bride with the minister

He looks excited!

He finally sees her!

Here she comes!

This one is my favorite!  So happy!

If I didn't love her so much, I could really hate her--so pretty and skinny!



I did my part my making sure her dress wasn't messed up in the back


pretty flowers!




He kept rubbing her hand during the ceremony.  It was so sweet!


putting on the ring






Kiss!


Then they released live butterflies.

Steph had some trouble getting hers out of the box

My "date"


Love this one too!


BFF!

The pink table!  Each table had a color scheme.

Paper butterflies which were released during the first slow song.



Rum punch!  They also had a mashed potato bar with three different types of mashed potatoes and lots of toppings to choose from.  Super yummy (as was all the rest of the food)!

First dance


Cutting the cake

Last dance.

What happens to my kiddo when I'm gone for two days--hubby decided to give him a mohawk!  At least it will grow back!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! Looks like you had an awesome time! Congrats to your BFF!

Lynette said...

Fun times :) Her dress was beautiful! And you look smashing in that blue. But tell that hubby of yours that the wild-child hair-parading Mullet Festival is a good 4 months away. . . ;D

Ali said...

I would be the parent to give my kid a mohawk! I miss the Keys. Must get down there this summer.

Angela said...

looks like a great time Kelly! I don't know if we can top that this weekend, but we'll try. Yay for crazy quilting weekends too!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Great pictures. What a gorgeous dress she had.

Kelly said...

what a beautiful wedding! i love hearing about unique ideas, and i've never heard of the butterfly release before. love it!

Lisa said...

love the mohawk! ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...