Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Today's The Day

Well, it's finally happened.  I've reached roughly the size of a killer whale.  I knew I needed to start working out again.  My twice a month attempts just weren't cutting it.  Before I had my youngest kiddo, who's now 18 months old, I was working out 5-6 times a week at the on-base gym.  I was in good shape, not great, but good.  This really helped me bounce back after giving birth.  I lost the 25 pounds I gained really easily.  I'm sure it helped that I nursed my son for year.  After I weaned him, the weight snuck up on me!  How rude!  Now, all of the sudden, my jeans are tight.  Crap.   I know it's my own fault, but why oh why couldn't I have been one of those naturally thin girls who can eat whatever they want?  That would be so awesome!  We own a treadmill, but with two kiddos, the evening is the only chance I have to use it.  I don't know about you, but I hate working out at night....plus, that's my sewing time!  So today is the day I'm going to the gym.  My ponytail is up, my sneakers are laced, and fat butt is ready to sweat.  I guess it would be counter-productive to get a Frappuccino on the way, huh?

13 comments:

sew and so much more said...

Kelly, I feel your pain. Today I begin moving my butt too. I'm glad I'm not alone.

AllieKatMom said...

Oh man how I feel your pain too! I started going at the beginning of the month. I go maybe 3-4 times a week. Pilates, Yoga, and Cardio. I have noticed a small difference but still have a little to ways to go.

Want to motivate each other?

Jenny said...

best of luck kelly! hope success comes easy for you...ive been working out in the mornings again...not fun to get up early early but it always feels good when i am done.

jennspen said...

I so feel your pain!! I find myself wondering often why I couldn't be on of those skinny girls too! Good luck! You can do it!!

Sew I Was Thinking... said...

OMG, you don't know how much I can relate to this. I had lost a significant amount of weight a couple of years ago and I've gained it all back. I am so ready to shed it again, but I'm having a hard time getting started. You're inspiring me to do something about it and stop feeling sorry for myself. You go girl.

Angela said...

I would love to be in better shape. But I'm totally with you on the available evening hours being dedicated to sewing! I love that you dress the part so that you are ready for your new activity. I'm a true believer in having pretty new tools for a less than appealing task. I always had pretty pens for my homework when I was in school. I was excited to use them, so I would do the homework more easily.

Meg said...

My son just stopped nursing, and I am so lamenting all the extra calories I used to be able to eat. Good luck!

Ali said...

I swear by Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It's easy to fit in the 20 minutes at home AND you definitely see results fast.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Oh I hear you! I just pulled out my "spring" clothing and most of it doesn't fit me. I need to do the same as you. I wish I was one of those skinny girls too. And I wouldn't complain about being "too thin" like many of them do either! good luck!

Anonymous said...

Is it bad when your husband comes home and says, "hey check it out! I just got us P90x!"? He goes to the gym every single day... I'm pretty sure that it's for me. I'll take the hint.

Poppyprint said...

When I saw that photo, I thought you were going to cut your hair off today! I hope you had a good workout. Getting started is the hardest part! I just read down a few posts, and I'm assuming it was your recent foodie vacation that caused your jeans to shrink...don't worry, you'll get it back!

I won't tell you that my youngest is 12 and I still blame my gut on her.

Cherie said...

I'm right there with you. Thinking about Weight Watchers. I've never been overweight, but 3+ years after baby #2, I am almost the same weight as I was at 9 months preggo with baby #1 :( I started Jillian's 30 day shred (OMG--it kicked my a$$!), but 3 weeks later, I had to stop for a week because of a minor surgical procedure (no biggie), and then I never started again. Then, don't get me started about drug reps and food---it's ALWAYS at work! So now I'm really fluffy and REALLY need to do something about it!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

I never lost all the weight for Steiger... but I'm definitely trying to stay in shape this pregnancy! I hope to stay active as long as possible! :) (I get a LOT of contractions -- freakish amounts actually... so sometimes they tell me to take it easy)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...