Sunday, September 18, 2011

Baby Quilt and a Boy Named Ralph


I finished up this organic baby boy quilt the other day, but I haven't had any time to post it since I was busy prepping for a garage sale with a friend of mine.  I really love these fabrics by Cloud 9!  I think I'll make a girl version too.  This was quick and simple, made from 5 fat quarters and very little planning. :)  

Oh, about that garage sale--people are nuts!  No, I will not sell that item I priced at $5 for 25 cents!  Are you crazy?!?!?  I'd rather give things to Goodwill than sell them to some of these people!  I don't mind bargaining, but at least be reasonable!  I sold about half of what I had out so I'm happy.  It's nice to get rid of all those tiny toys kids seem to collect!

After the garage sale we went to a birthday party for one of Roarke's friends.  The party was great, but I started not to feel so good.  By the time we got home, all I wanted to do was lay down.  I spent the next three hours curled into a ball on the cold tile of the bathroom floor wishing I could just throw up and get it over with!  I hate feeling nauseous!  I'd much rather have a few seconds of hurling than hours of nausea!  Anywho, on one of hubby's visits in to check on me, the kids came in too and he proceeds to tell them that "Mama is on the white phone with a boy named Ralph."  This causes me to burst out laughing (because I'd never heard that phrase), then moan in pain because my stomach hurts so much.   Roarke then dead pans, "I think she has a bird in there (my stomach)."  Dude!  You're killing me!  Stop making mommy laugh and let me be miserable in peace!  This fun filled evening was topped off with a horrible, restless sleep followed by Cian waking up screaming for his pacifier that he couldn't find, then the alarm clock going off because the kids had been playing with it.  Obviously, we're taking it easy today and I'm mostly sitting on the couch reading.  I don't even have the energy to sew, so you know it's bad!  Here's hoping I feel 100% tomorrow!

Oh, and Roarke finally decided on a costume for Halloween!  Now I just need to find a 2T Luigi and we're set!  Let us not discuss the irony of our last name and his choice of costume--if you don't know what I'm talking about, good!

9 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Feel better soon Kelly!
Lovely quilt and cute Mario outfit ;)

Katy Cameron said...

Urgh, feel better soon!

Angela said...

hysterical! I grew up with four brothers so I definitely understand the irony of your last name with the costume selections. Your husband should get dressed up as his last name. ;)

**nicke... said...

this post was hilarious! i am so sorry you got sick but so happy you share your funny funny boy moments! you never cease to crack me up!!! i do hope you feel better soon!

Kati said...

Hope you feel better. Love that quilt though!

Katie B said...

Sweet quilt! Sorry you've been sick. That is the absolute worst!

I'm a little embarrassed that I get your Mario joke. Oh, maybe you can be Princess Peach!

Beth said...

I love it! That stinks about feeling so awful - nausea is just the pits, especially when it goes on and on! And I totally get the Mario joke - took me a sec to think hard! You should have a little mushroom guy or something too! :)

Shanea said...

Love the quilt! Feel better soon :)

Lorri said...

I love your quilt ♥️ how big are your squares

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...