Sunday, September 25, 2011

Birthday Bag

I had a busy week and didn't get much sewing done, but I did manage to finish this bag today for my best friend's birthday.
The exterior is a Joel Dewberry Heirloom print and a grey herringbone suiting fabric.  I used this fabric for the exterior of my Goodie Bag Swap bag earlier this year and I love it!  Speaking of the Goodie Bag Swap, signups are starting soon, but I can't decide what level I want to sign up for.  Last time I did advanced.  I love advanced bags, but I just don't think I have the time to commit to one.  I may opt for something easy this round.

The interior has a zippered pocket and is made with a Robert Kaufman print

Button detail.  I learned that there are some buttons too big for a zig zag stitch!  I had to manually shift the bag every time the needle moved in order to sew this on!  Major pain in my butt!

5 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Cute bag, and love that big button

Katie B said...

So pretty! That's my favorite print from Heirloom. Yum.

Toni said...

Excellent bag! Love your choice of fabrics!

Caitlin said...

Adorable bag :) I can't wait for the Goodie Bag Swap!! I chose intermediate.

Jen said...

Love the color combo on this, big button just finishes it off perfectly!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...