Sunday, October 16, 2011

Puddle Jumper

I intended to take the day off yesterday after making all those pouches, but I couldn't resist making another baby quilt!  I swapped for a charm pack of Prince Charming a while back--in an effort to prevent myself from buying a fat quarter pack of the entire line--and I decided to use all but 2 prints to make a simple baby quilt

I love simple design and there is something therapeutic about putting things in matching order. :)

This was my first attempt at circle quilting.  Overall, it's pretty easy:  draw a circle somewhere on the quilt and use your walking foot as a guide to make subsequent circles.  I learned that I need to watch my bar guide on my walking foot, not my needle.  It's kind of like driving where you look at the road ahead, not what's directly in front of you.

For the back I used my favorite print from the line.  I just love this color!

And I love that turtle!  This is another bazaar-bound quilt!

13 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Looks wonderful!
How big was your inner circle? I had a mega-fail on trying to do this, but think I started too small - or the quilt was too big to turn!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Puddle Jumper will draw lots of attention - and sell immediately!

felicity said...

I love it!

**nicke... said...

love that quilting! such a cute quilt and i can't believe you finished the whole thing in one day! way to go superwoman!

Katie B said...

Ooh, awesome! I need to quilt circles on something ASAP.

Molly said...

Fabulous! The quilting is so perfect. Round rules!!

Debbie said...

This is so lovely! I love how you sewed the charms 'in order'! And the circle quilting is spot on - very inspiring!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

I love it. Been dying to try the circle quilting thing- yours is beautiful!

twelfthzodiac said...

Gorgeous! I love the off center-ed-ness of your circles :)

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

GORGEOUS! I love the quilting. Amazing.

Katy Cameron said...

Ooh, that looks fab, and I want some of that fabric now!

Svetlana said...

Oh, this turned out gorgeous!!! What a wonderful idea! Love the circle quilting.

Leslie said...

this is such a great little quilt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...