Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Tisket, A Tasket


I made some baskets!  I meant to make 2 of each, but I cut the apple one in the wrong direction so I had to make one large one instead of two small ones.  The small ones are made by cutting one exterior and one interior piece 9"x12.5", a layer of fusible fleece, and handles made from two pieces of 4"x4.5" fabric (made like fabric tape).  Boxed corners on smaller baskets are 1.75" and 2.5" on the larger basket.

This little guy is my fav!  Thanks Jacey for helping me find the fabric!

I also made this set of Hometown placemats.  eh.  I don't love them.  I like the patchwork part, but I really wished I would have bound them like a quilt, but I didn't have any yardage of Hometown. 

I made all four placemats from one charm pack and some Essex linen in ivory.  As you can see, I left out the yellow prints.

All of these items are destined for the bazaar.  I have a million more things I still need to make and I know I'm going to end up working right up until the last minute! 

8 comments:

Poppyprint said...

The owl baskets are adorable and I really like the placemats, too. Isn't that how it's supposed to be for craft fairs...you work your butt off all night for the week before, then sit at your booth with your eyelids propped open with toothpicks?!

marilyn said...

where did you get the owl fabric?

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Love the owls!! Strangely enough!

PS. Your flickr pics have gone awol xx

Jan Maree said...

very very cute little baskets - woul dmake great christmas gifts filled with cookies etc!

Katy Cameron said...

Love the baskets, especially the owls. Alas, your remaining work has been sucked into a flickr black hole...

Miranda said...

The baskets are so great!! Love the owls. I like the placemats, you could always go back and bind them like a quilt.

Lynette said...

I can't wait for the bazaar. :D

Brenda said...

I love all of your patterns you have made. I have tired to join your page and it will not let me. I didn't know if you knew it wasn't working. Thanks Brenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...