Saturday, October 15, 2011

Yes, More Pouches!


I am really sick of pouches at the moment!  In an effort to produce some more inexpensive items for the bazaar, I made 20 more pouches!  I have 10 smaller ones and about 8 or 9 large boxy bags, but I wanted some middle ground.  So, I grabbed a rainbow of zippers and started sifting through my scraps.

I organize my scraps by color, but I also have a large tote bag where I put scraps that have yet to be sorted.  I hate sitting down and emptying out the tote to sort--BORING!  I had the genius idea to use only scraps for these so it would decrease the amount of scrap sorting I have to do.  All of the pouches exterior AND interior fabrics are from my scrap pile with exception of the nuns.  I caved on the nuns.  I made a small zippered pouch from a free Spoonflower sample of nuns and I liked it so much I ordered a yard.  Expensive, yes.  Too stinkin' cute to pass up, you bet! :)  These vary in size, sometimes due to the size of the zipper I had, sometimes due to the scrap size.  I did make three large cosmetic pouches that can stand up on their own.  Also, the very top middle pouch and the bottom middle pouch are velveteen!  So soft!  I won't be disappointed in the bottom one doesn't sell, I think it's my favorite!

I may take the day off sewing today.  I made all of these in a day and a half and I'm kind of burnt out!  I have two quilts ready to be quilted, but I'm low on motivation.  Oh!  I think I may have a cool post coming up for you guys!  The lady that makes the bicycle/umbrella shirt I got in NYC (see pic below to refresh your memory) is going to give me a special discount for you guys!  I wrote her to ask about a shirt I saw when I was at the store--scissors and a monkey, need I say more?--to see if she would be making it in other colors.  The store only had white and I'm not big on see through shirts.  She happened to be making more that day!  I immediately ordered one and I then got bold and asked if she would give my blog readers a discount if I blogged about it!  I didn't have any expectations, but you don't know unless you ask, right?  I was super stoked she agreed!  Hopefully she'll have them up on the website soon and then I'll do a little post for you all to get your own shirt--you don't HAVE to get the monkey one, but, come on!  Scissors and a monkey!  How can you beat that?!?!?  P.S. These shirts are SUPER soft organic cotton and are hand screen printed!

7 comments:

Jan said...

I can't wait to see the scissor and monkey T. Love the bicycle & umbrella one. Might get that one, too.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Great going on the pouches nuns 'n all!

Scissors and a monkey - bloody genius!

Jan Maree said...

cool cool pouches. Love em! Love the fact that they are made out of scraps too!

Miranda said...

What a great way to use up your scraps. They all look great and I hope that they all sell :) I don't blame you for needing a break, that is a lot of sewing.

Katie B said...

Love your smorgasbord of pouches. The velveteen ones are extra awesome.

Monkeys + scissors = brilliant!

**nicke... said...

those nuns are killing me. so awesome. i need to spend more time on spoonflower! i am excited for the discount. i love that shirt!

Beth said...

Yes, that nun fabric is a good cave for a fabric buy! All your fabrics for the pouches are great - and even better that you got to use up your scraps! I bet they will all sell really well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...