Thursday, July 7, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust!

Yahoo!  I finished another WIP!  This is a Sweet Harmony bag for my godmother.  She bought me the fabric forever ago to make her 6 different bags, this is the 4th one I've completed.  It's certainly my favorite so far!  I really do love this pattern--especially all those pockets!  I had the pieces cut out for almost 3 months and the exterior put together for almost a month!  I'm glad I can check this off my to-do list.  I feel so terrible that I dragged my feet on it!  I'm just no good at starting and stopping projects.  I have to finish one before I begin another--lesson learned!  I'm also having to prioritize my WIPs because as much as I would like to quilt the two tops I have completed, they aren't for anything special (just something for myself and something for my shop), so I've decided to work on the quilt I started as wedding gift for my best friend.  She got married in May so I really need to finish it because before I know it, their 1st anniversary will be here! :)



I also finished 3 blocks for a special, secret project.  I'll post more about this when I get the ok from our secret group leader!

6 comments:

AllieKatMom said...

Love the bag! And you really spark my curiosity on the special group project....anything I can do to help?

Tracey Jacobsen said...

Love the saw tooth blocks! :)

And the bag. I've been cutting pieces for bags (though I'm waiting for my JoAnn's coupon to come into effect next week so I can get more interfacing!), but I've got about 4 bags in the works. My blog post is going to be "I wanna be like Kelly." :)

One of the bags I'm making is the Sweet Harmony tote. I think I'm going to need to add a snap so it can close a little. What do you think?

Lynette said...

The only bummer about this is that the bag was earmarked for someone to start with. ;D I was all ready to fly to your etsy shop and BUY IT!!

Ali said...

Cute bag!! I have an unreal number of WIPs and I keep starting more. I need your control. :)

Also, more secret projects?? What is it with sewing bloggers? ;)

Angela said...

love the bag! I think I remember when you got the AB fabric. I love that one. I needs to get me a Kelly Bag...well another one...one of these days. Maybe I'll make you my partner in a swap. ;)

Jodi Nelson said...

This bag looks like a really good size and I like the shape too. The inside is just fantastic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...