Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Why Was I Worried?

This is why I love Flickr.  I was putting together a quilt for my friend Sara (a photographer) and I got to this point:
Then, I got nervous!  I was going to make a Modified Bento box, but I really didn't want to cut into all the blocks I just finished piecing.  There is something really traumatic about *cutting* something up that took a long time to put together!  Anywho, I posted this picture with a call for courage and reassurance that Bento was the way to go.  Within a few minutes I had many Flickr friends assuring me that cutting was the way to go.  Time to pull out my big girl panties and my rotary cutter!  This is the result:

I love it 1000X more than I did before!  So much cooler this way!  Thank you Flickr peeps!  I'm excited to see it finished, but I'm leaving today to visit my mom in Nashville for a few days so it will have to wait.  

For those of your who want to know,  everything is cut from a FQ, but I cut the pieces larger than necessary and trimmed so I could be sure everything was the same size. I cut 5" square, and two each of the following: 1.5x5, 1.5x7.5, 3.5x7.5, 3.5x13.5, 2.25x13.5, and 2.25x17.5 I had 2 FQs of the blue and green solid.

11 comments:

AllieKatMom said...

Girl!!! So glad you cut these up. I had a feeling it would look awesome when you did and WOW! The first one looks so "boring"!
Have fun in Nashville! Cant wait to see this one all done :)

Katie B said...

Oh, wow! I was about to comment on Flickr with a big "don't cut!!!" but I saw you'd already decided to go for it so I kept my mouth shut. I love the blocks SO much uncut....but I'm with you---they're 1,000 cooler this way! I'm in love!

Lindsay Conner said...

yeay!! It's so awesome :) Congrats for facing your fears

Angela said...

this makes me want to cut up some other blocks of mine just to see if I can make them look better. ;)

Kelly said...

it looks so great!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

it really does look incredible! the movement is awesome, and the interplay is great! Love it.

Everyday Quilter said...

I'm not a big Bento Box fan but, I love this! I wouldn't have cut but now I'm tempted to make one!

Emily said...

Great work!! These look awesome!!! :)

Lynette said...

oh, yeah! This is AWESOME!!! Way to go, girl!

Unknown said...

It looks great! Congrats on finding your big girl panties!!

Lisa said...

i love it!!!! great job. the colors are amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...