Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Sewing


I decided I need a break from working on my WIPs, which I promise I have been plugging away at!  I decided I wanted to make some boxy pouches.  I had made one on Friday for part of a birthday gift for my son's friend--I used Circa 50's rocket ships and dots then I filled the pouch with Cars 2 figures and Star Wars Legos.  Sorry, no pictures of that one!  It was such a fast and satisfying project I thought I'd make some for my shop!  If you use the code "FLICKRPEEP" and you will receive free shipping--oh how I love free shipping!  Did you know if you leave items in your cart at Land of Nod they will send you a free shipping code?  Just a little tip!  I always have sticker shock when I see how much it costs to ship things so I get giddy when I order places that have free shipping.

I love all these linen blend prints because they obey so well for sewing pouches and purses.  These are all large pouches, 10.5"x4.5"x4.5", but I think I may experiment with smaller sizes too the next time I need a rest! :)  I did love using up more of my crazy-big FQ stash though!




See?  It fits a lot of big items with room to spare!









Update:  this one has sold!




Oh and the party we went to had a Star Wars theme and they gave all the kids (most 3-5 year olds) Jedi robes as the party favor!!!  Best party favor I have ever seen!  Here's a shot of my little Jedi!

10 comments:

stefanie said...

oh i just love the box pouches. i want to make several of those. Did you write the pattern?

i've got a few yards of that heat n bond iron on vinyl that i'm dying to use and these kinds of pouches would be perfect for that!

the jedi robe is priceless, my nephew would just be beside himself with one of those.

Everyday Quilter said...

Love the pouches, you should do a tutorial?!!

Lynette said...

Roarke looks so perfect :D Quite the serious little Jedi there!

Jan Maree said...

cute box pouches and cute jedi - my kids would have loved that too once - they are much too cool now at 15!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

these are so dang cute Kelly. :)
I am so tempted to get the giraffe one... :)

And Roarke - looks so much like you, (minus the Jedi robe of course). ;)

Angela said...

kelly will land of nod send you a free shipping code even for furniture or heavy items? they will get more of my business if they do!

Linda said...

Super adorable pouches! That camera fabric is so cute! I can make these but without the lining. Please do share your tips on how you made these beauties.

Amy said...

very nice pouches!

Live a Colorful Life said...

These are great--each one is a wonderful combination of fabrics!

AllieKatMom said...

Awesome pouches, I think they are a good thing to have in your etsy shop. People tend to buy more low ticket items than quilts. Although I think I would want to buy that neptune quilt of yours ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...