Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Sunday Morning Kind of Pillow


I made this last night after finishing a quilt (can't share that here because the recipient reads my blog sometimes).  I've had this in my head ever since a friend of mine lost someone close to her unexpectedly.  She bravely shared some of her grieving process with her Facebook friends, often posting inspirational quotes.  This is an oldie, but a goodie. :)  

George Michael was right, you gotta have faith!  ha ha!  I raw edge appliqued the letters down in a free motion style.

I used a different font style for each word.


I made "love" the largest, as a nod to the quote.


The background fabric is Basic Grey's notebook paper fabric.

I added black piping around the pillow.  This was the first time I've done piping around a pillow and it went really well!

I had already made the front before I picked out the back.  

Strangely, I had this Robert Kaufman print that matched the colors perfectly!  It was fate!

Happy Sunday everyone!

3 comments:

AllieKatMom said...

This pillow is great! I may have to make something like this for my new pad :)
love the new blog too! Did you do it yourself? Its so clean and simple

Katie B said...

So sweet. Love the new header too.

Jan Maree said...

very simple yet very COOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...