Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pretty {little} Pouch Finished!

I finally finished my pouch for Round 2 of the Pretty {little} Pouch swap.  I feel a lot of pressure since I'm co-mama for this swap!  Hopefully my partner will like it!  I paper pieced the flying circle of geese block--after I shrunk it down 50%.  The circle finishes at 6" square.  I used some pretty teal colored linen and various pink and green prints for the geese.  

For the back, I fussy cut out one of the Ruby Star Rising ladies, appliqued her on, then added some decorative stitching.  I thought about embroidering a phrase below the lady instead of the stitching, but I wasn't sure how my partner would feel about "I'm a lady, damn it!" :)  I thought it was funny, but you never know if someone would be offended by that or not.  

The lining is a pink floral print from Heather Ross.  I love this swap and I can't wait for Round 3 (coming this fall for those who are curious)!  If you want to know more about the frame, glue, and template I used, see my previous post.

12 comments:

Marci Girl said...

Oh you should have embroidered that saying, that is too funny, but yes, I guess that could offend some people! I love it, beautiful!

Katie B said...

This is extremely awesome!!!

Sheetal said...

I totally love the I'm a lady, damn it! that would totally rock for me!

Linda said...

All I can say is, I wish I was your pouch partner! That is so freaking cute!! I love the saying too! Maybe tuck a little note inside with those words. She may get a kick out of it but it wouldn't be so permanent :)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

You realise that now will have to embroider something even more funny next time to make up for chickening out!!

The finished purse if fantastic, lucky partner!

Michelle said...

love it! i definitely would NOT be offended, that would make me smile every time i saw it ;)

Emily said...

wow is that awesome!! Now I want to make tiny circle geese blocks. :)

Jan Maree said...

Seriously cute purse! Well done!

Anonymous said...

eehhhh.... it's ok....


Ok I jest I jest!! - it's just damn beautiful!! And those are "my colours"... but I daren't to hope just in case I get disappointed!

Nice job Kelly!

xx

Tracey Jacobsen said...

it's incredible Kelly!!!
you got some mad skills girl. ;)

Unknown said...

Most impressive! Lucky partner. I sat this one out because I'm needing to get some things done, but yours makes me wish I hadn't!

HeHe24 said...

LOVE this little pouch! Especially the bright pink lining. I'm going to learn how to do this by following your tutorials, and I really appreciate you putting them here for us! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...