Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pouch Practice


I had never made a glue-in metal frame pouch and I knew I wanted to make one for my Pretty {little} Pouch Swap--so, of course, I had to make a practice pouch!  I made my own template for my 8x3 metal frame.  You can download my template HERE!!!  I used the tutorial found here.  The only thing I did differently was to use fusible fleece on my exterior and light-weight woven interfacing on my interior.  Oh, and I got my frames and glue here.  I used an old Anna Maria Horner Garden Party fabric for the outside and a Little Folks Dobby stripe voile for the inside.  I have something a bit more elaborate planned for my partner, but, for a first attempt, I'm happy with how this came out!


In other news, I did finish my next MBS project!  Unfortunately, I can't share it yet!  I love it so much more than my first version!  I guess that's all for now, I need to get back to my next pouch.  I'll leave you with a picture of my cute babies, who aren't so little any more!

4 comments:

Sandi Crafty Planner said...

Great pouch! Doesn't look like a practice piece though. It looks perfect!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Great purse; cute boys x

**nicke... said...

cute pouch. iv'e got to try these out. must must must!

Lynette said...

Wow! You're quite professional at these, now, Kelly! This is the prototype? Impressive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...