Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Leftovers Are Awesome!

Leftovers=table-runner!
I used the leftovers from my Square City top (see previous post) for this table runner!

Runner
I almost made placemats, but I just loved how all the blocks looked smashed up together!

backing/binding of runner
I used a strong black and white print for the backing (Bon Viant I think) and some Alexander Henry Heather for the binding!

I'll be listing this in my etsy shop soon!  I'm still debating how I'm going to quilt the Square City top.  I think I know the style of quilting, but the thread color is giving me issues.  I'm almost leaning toward quilting it with invisible thread, but I can't commit right now. :)

9 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

it looks great. :) really.

(and if you use the lightweight 50 weight thread it won't show too much... I think I'd go with a cream)

**nicke... said...

i haven't used invisible thread before so i can't give a preference. it is a very pretty table runner though, i love it! such great colors!

Heather said...

What a great table runner, perfect way to use scraps.

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous - love these bright colours together!!

Debbie said...

agreed! a very cool runner!

Colby said...

That looks great Kelly! Such a good way to use up the scraps!

Jacey said...

The table runner is awesome! I love it, and the backing/binding choices rock!

Katy Cameron said...

Ooh, love the table runner version too!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Super runner x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...