Friday, January 13, 2012

A Forgotten Post

There are a two things I forgot to blog about after Christmas.  First off, these were some of the goodies my husband got me for Christmas!  A cute labrador print from an etsy shop I favorite-ed, a GC to Pink Castle Fabric!, a necklace from Nest Pretty Things on etsy, fabric he picked out himself!, a vintage Samsonite cosmetic case with the tray, mirror, and keys, and random sewing related notions!  Did he do great or what?!?!?!?  He also got me some baking pans that I've been wanting, but they missed out on the photo op.

The inside of my cool case!

It has someone else's initials on it, but I can live with that until I figure out how to replace them with mine! :)

The other thing I forgot to tell you guys was something funny my 5 year old said.  Remember this post about my nephew and his, er, unique name?  Well, over the Christmas holiday my MIL was talking to my oldest, Roarke, and explaining he had a middle name, McKamey.  Just to answer the obvious question here about where we came up with his name, Roarke is an old Celtic name that I love and McKamey is my maternal grandfather's first name.  We give our kids a family name for their middle name.  Anywho, Roarke didn't believe he had a middle name!  He then starts asking, "Does Mama have a middle name? Does Daddy? Does Grandpa?" etc.  My MIL answers yes to all of this and tells him everyone else's middle name.  Then, she says "You know what baby Ezra's middle name is? STEGOSAURUS!" Roarke stares at her for a minute, looking totally shocked and confused, and then proceeds to say, "Ezra can have my middle name instead."  LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He really wanted to help his cousin out!

Close up of Kona Challenge
In quilting news, I've finished my quilt top for the Kona charm challenge!  I now have to decide on how I want to quilt it.  I may go with my new favorite of organic wavy lines!

Kona Challenge progress

12 comments:

Cherie said...

Love the middle name story! Too funny!

Cherie said...

And love, love, love the Samsonite case :)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Sweet Christmas gift(s) from your husband. The Samsonite case caught my eye because my older sister had one (blue) and THOSE were her initials! Yes, wavy quilting for your Kona beauty.

**nicke... said...

you could just say your name is sally jesse raphael... ;) xoxo awesome loot your husband did awesome!

**nicke... said...

p.s. your quilt is super! love the colors and the design. can't wait to see it quilted up!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

good job to the hubs! :) And I like your charm challenge... it's fun.

honeyguide said...

Cool case...and it has my initials! :) Love that your hubby shopped small businesses for your gifts.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

What a kind boy!

I love the quilt top!! I don't really 'do' solids, but this is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Very awesome and thoughtful of your husband :) I LOVE the solids quilt, I've really been wanting to make one!

Kelly said...

i'm still waiting to hear about the "bad" that happened over christmas!

Katy Cameron said...

OMG, I might never complain about my full name again... My mother spends her life sending me other weird and wonderful names via e-mail to show me how bad it could have been, so of course I had to share this... she sincerely hopes their next child is not a new niece for you ;o)

Love the Kona charm challenge though, how effective!

Kritta22 said...

Stegorous?? Really? I'm going to have to find the story behind this!! Lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...