Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lego Launch!

I received some of this super cute Launch fabric from Leslie Granger a couple of months ago and I finally cut into it to make my kiddos some drawstring bags for their Legos!  I was tired of having Legos scattered throughout the house and I knew Jeni's tutorial would be the perfect solution.  These fabrics are boy perfection and my 5 year old has already requested a "couch blanket" from the fabric I have left.


Lots of room for Legos in there!

Pink Lemonade complete!
I also finished my Pink Lemonade quilt which is now listed in my shop.  I used lots of fabrics I have been hoarded, but never used (that Amy Butler pink coriander especially!)  I backed it with some soft Anna Maria Horner flannel.

Modern Whimsy quilt top complete
Remember when I got that "holy shit" package from Laurie Wisbrun?  I sliced and diced it this weekend to make this top (sorry for the blue phone picture).  I sort of wish it came out a little larger, but I didn't plan the quilt out so I guess it serves me right! 


Look at the cute pillow Cherie made with my "LOVE" pattern!  I love that she used patchwork for the letters!

In other news, my less than 6 month old iMac blew out the display so I'm a bit limited on computer access these days.  I have my phone and occasionally the use of my hubby's lap top.  I love technology, but sometimes it's a pain in my butt!

9 comments:

Darcy said...

I am hooked on those drawstring bags too, although I am sometimes a little scared at how much my two year old can cram in one! Love your Pink Lemonade quilt - great fabric choices :-)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Everything but the iMac display look amazing!

Katy Cameron said...

Love all your creations, sorry about the iMac though, hope they're fixing it for you right now!

Jan Maree said...

lots of lvoely eye candy in this post - those draw string bags are gorgeous and that pink quilt and your Laurie Wishburn - yum!

**nicke... said...

computers suck... your sewing does not! love those bags... they are on my list for this week also!

Jacey said...

I'm so in love with the Modern Whimsy quilt top! It's awesome.

Terri said...

eep love your bags. Isn't that fabric awesome! I cannot believe how fast you crank out those quilts lady. Super perfect to :) Love!
That pillow to is to die for!

Jenniffier said...

your strawberry lemonade is so cute!

AnnaMarie said...

I just *heart* your creations! It gives me hope reading that you are a relatively new seamstress and already creating such beautiful things - I'm brand new as well! :) Thank you for the inspiration!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...