Tuesday, January 24, 2012

More Finishes!

KJR Rainbow Kite quilt complete!
My Katie Jump Rope quilt is finally done! I've had this top made for a while, but I just now got around to quilting it!  Pattern is by the fabulous Faith of www.freshlemonsquilts.com  These fabrics are the softest quilting cottons I've ever worked with!  The drape of this quilt is fantastic and it hasn't even been washed!  It's super duper soft!  

Close up of Rainbow Kite Quilt
Free motion quilting, my favorite one to do!  I'm leaning towards selling it, though I'll be sad to see it go.  Just so a few of you (ahem, Tracey) think that I don't keep anything, I AM keeping the Far Far Away quilt and my AMH quilt my bee ladies made.  So there!

Backing/binding of Rainbow Kite quilt
Some more Katie Jump Rope fabric on the back!

It's done! Pure Square City complete!
I finished quilting this one for my friend, Sara. 

Close up of PSC quilting
 I took the advice of two ladies in my local guild for the quilting and I'm happy with how it came out.

backing/binding
I used the same backing and binding as the table runner I made with the leftovers.

Ok, sorry to cut this short, but I have some projects to sew!

14 comments:

shelia said...

gorgeous! i'd having trouble parting with either of those! :)

Tracey Jacobsen said...

they both look amazing... the quilting is gorgeous. Your free motion is getting so even.

you're just a quilt making maniac though... amazing. :)
(I shouldn't say too much about not keeping them -- the joy is in the making for me too)

Debbie said...

What lovely quilts!

Unknown said...

OMG the KJR quilt is divine!!!! I've loved that pattern for so long and it works so well with those fabrics. Utter utter gorgeousness!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

A pair of stunners!

Beth said...

Love your quilts. I have had the one from Fresh Lemons on my list and love the fabric. Great job!!

Katie B said...

Gah! I love them both. A+ on the quilting!

Jacey said...

Two amazing finishes! You have been so productive lately! Well done, and I'm still so excited for your move!

Lindsay Conner said...

These are GORGEOUS!

Poppyprint said...

Wow, wow! Two awesome finishes!!

Di~ said...

Kelly: Your work is great! Can you help me with the LOVE free paper piecing pattern? I'm having a lot of trouble printing it. Is it available in a different format? I'm not sure what the trouble is...? Thanks.

Katy Cameron said...

Love, love, love that KJR quilt, and the quilting on that squares quilt is fab

Kira said...

Beautiful quilts!!!

Fairlightday said...

Oh wow! Love your Katie Jump Rope quilt! Is it going into your etsy shop??? Did you have the fabrics stashed or did you recently buy them? I'd love to have some more for my own collection, is why I'm asking. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...