Friday, January 6, 2012

Modern Mama and Her Baby Echo


I'm kicking off the new year with some simple, modern quilts.  I just haven't been in the mood for anything too strenuous--you know, with my broken foot and all.  I had a charm pack and a layer cake of the Echo line, along with some coordinating solids, and I thought it would be cute to make matching quilts.  

The bigger version is 66.5" square when finished and the smaller one is 31.5" finished.  These quilts are *almost* identical.  I made the smaller one first and realized I should have switched a few pieces around, so the larger one has a few minor changes.  

I really love the simple, modern look of these!  Sadly, my husband is not a fan, but what does he know!


I'm still trying to decide on how to quilt these.  I'm thinking some "organic" wavy vertical lines.  What do you guys think?

12 comments:

Angela said...

I think that sounds like a great quilting idea Kelly. I've been wanting to try that wavy quilting that I think is a very long extended zig zig stitch? Hmm...I need to look it up. But it does the wave for you. Bonus.

Oh and ten bucks that a year from now your husband will say "you know. I really like that quilt." Without fail my husband pulls that on me.

Jenny said...

ive been thinking that some of the organic line print in Echo would be cool for backing, and then you can stitch directly on the fabric for the quilting design...am i making any sense?

Emily said...

I think wavy quilting would be excellent! They look great!

twelfthzodiac said...

Ohhh... Jenny, that is an awesome idea! To follow the lines of the backing, that would show up on the front! If that print is available to use, I vote for that! :)

rachael {imagine gnats} said...

these are fab. u. lous. i have some echo i've been going back and forth about what i should do with... this is a good idea ;) i think the simple pattern would be great with the waves. or even something more complex? though i have no actual suggestions ;)

Jacey said...

Yeah, what does he know?? They're very fun, and the idea of matching quilts is so sweet.

Katy Cameron said...

Aww, how cute, love the mama and baby quilt idea! I love that line too, I've been daydreaming a bit about what to do with it today - obviously your husband needs some time to catch up with everyone else, men are often pretty bad at getting on trend with things ;o)

I think the organic waves will look fab with it :o)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I suggest if you still have the 'big boot' on, you should give your hubby a kick!

Katie B said...

Very cool. Organic wavy quilting for sure.

Debbie said...

SO fun!! I think organic lines would be perfect!

**nicke... said...

organic lines would be perfect. i love them both!

Miki Willa said...

These are so cool. I love the Echo line.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...