Monday, January 16, 2012

Pure Square City

Pure Square City
Remember all those Pure Element solids I had cut up in my last post?  Well, here they are all put together!  I worked like a maniac today sewing what felt like millions of squares together for this!  I knew I was going to love the results and I wasn't disappointed.  The pattern is Seeing Squares by Empty Bobbin, but I modified it.  It's supposed to be a bit larger, but I eliminated some rows to make this one 48" square.  I also used 9 different solids when the pattern only calls for 8 fabrics.  

Pure Square City
This one is destined for a photographer friend of mine, Sara.  She's bought so many quilts from me--I think she's a bit addicted. :)  If any of you are in the Nashville area you should check her out, she's SUPER talented!

Now I have to decide on a backing and quilt design for this one!  Decisions, decisions!

18 comments:

Kelly said...

i really love the colors and the pattern! great job!

Kirsten said...

So vibrant and fun!!!

Angela said...

Kelly it's gorgeous! And you are back to your super quilting mania. How do you do these so quickly? Someday you'll share your secret. ;)

Jan Maree said...

Oh my word - the colours and movement in this are positively orgasmic!!! LOVE IT!

Debbie said...

This is soooo yummy! Truly - delicious!!

Colby said...

This has got to be one of my top 5 favorite quilts! Love this!!!

Lori said...

What a great color combination! Love this quilt!

Splendorfalls said...

Amazing. Resisting the urge to make one just like it right this second. =)

DianeY said...

Just gorgeous! Wonderful pick of colors and pattern!

Katie B said...

Yeah, this is UNbelievable. I can't wait to see how you finish this up!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

SO FREAKING COOL!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! So bright and zingy!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the bright, modern colors!

Katy Cameron said...

Oh how cool, I absolutely love all those colours together, and that its all solids

Jacey said...

I love this lots. LOTS. And you are freaking fast! Is your machine smoking? ;)

It's a gorgeous top. I'd be tempted to use either a fun colorful print or a black/white for the backing.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

For The Love of Solids...this is gorgeous

Ali said...

I've always loved this pattern and wanted to make it. Yours it awesome! I love the colors you chose, I need to get some of these solids.

**nicke... said...

i love it so much! it is so bright and vibrant and full of life. she is going to love it~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...