Sunday, August 14, 2011

Blissful Progress

Placemats and table topper
I made some progress on items for the October bazaar!  I completed 4 placemats and a table topper.  The table topper was made using English paper piecing the hexagons, sewing them all together, quilting, then binding.  I used the red, aqua, and pink prints from a Bliss candy bar plus some I had left over from my Marmalade quilt.  The placemats used the same color scheme from a Bliss charm pack plus I added some linen, hand stitching with pearl cotton, and red ric rac.  This was my first larger project with ric rac and I'm pleasantly surprised how easy it went!  I'm a little stuck about what to charge for items like these.  What I would pay for them and what typical buyers of handmade items would pay are different (I'm cheap and I'm surprised how much stuff sells for).  If anyone has any suggestions, I'm happy to hear it!  For now, I'm trying to look up similar items on etsy and see what they go for.  
Hexagon table topper
Placemats

5 comments:

Lisa said...

These are so pretty! Great work. I'm excited you get to sell things I wish I had the time to do the same.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

They are so lovely Kelly - I have no idea how you would price them, but it won't be enough!

Katie B said...

These are so sweet! I love the little hand stitching detail on the place mats. And I'd think the hexagon topper is worth it's weight in gold! :)

Tracey Jacobsen said...

those are so freaking cute Kelly!! :)

(tough to know what to charge though)... :-/ I like to get at least $10/hour (though it's often less) for my time + cost of materials.

Jenniffier said...

Those are great! Can't give suggestions on price but they are fantastic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...