Sunday, August 28, 2011

I Like Big Blocks and I Cannot Lie!


Cross Your Fingers Quilt
I like big blocks and I cannot lie!  You other quilters can't deny!  Ok....that's all I've got without offending people.  I'm calling this quilt the "Cross Your Fingers" quilt because that essentially what I did:  cut some fat quarters and crossed my fingers.  I was inspired by Jeni's recent quilt using vintage sheets and only one HUGE block.  I was going to do the same quilt, but I really wanted to use my 12 pack of Moda Crossweave fat quarters (from Pink Castle fabrics on etsy!) and I needed 16 fat quarters for Jeni's quilt.
Cross Your Fingers Quilt
I decided to make giant HST (half square triangles) instead!  I cut 17.5" squares from all the FQs, put it with a white 17.5" square, sewed 1/4" around all sides, cut diagonally, and POOF!  4 HST ready to go!  
Cross Your Fingers Quilt
Yeah, yeah, yeah, they're on the bias.  So what?  It all worked out fine!  See?  That finger crossing really does help! 
Cross Your Fingers Quilt
This is yet another item destined for the bazaar.....or my mom's couch if it doesn't sell! :)

Oh, and thank you everyone for all of your wonderful advice on my last post!

14 comments:

stefanie said...

this is gorgeous... and you, my friend are a brave girl for working with all those bias edges. yowza!

FlourishingPalms said...

It's a really pretty quilt top. I can already picture it quilted... flowing feathers, quilted with variegated thread, through the white areas. Wow.

Tracey Jacobsen said...

big blocks are great. :) This quilt is so bold... I like it.

Kirsten said...

I have the Cross Weave FQ too - the colours look great together and I love the design!

Jenny said...

way to go for it Kelly!
what size does it finish?
i love the layout too! i think the moda crossweaves are pretty great!

Jan Maree said...

this is great love the colours and the offset pattern

Katy Cameron said...

Oh now this is quilting even I can do lol Love how this has worked. Wanders off eyeing up a pile of fat quarters recently arrived...

Katie B said...

Fantasti! I'm hooked and I can't stop starin'!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

looks amazing!

KendasCrafts said...

love this! What size is it?

Miranda said...

Wow, it looks beautiful. I bet it will sell!!

**nicke... said...

it is amazing! love the pattern! love the solids. love it all!

Lisa said...

Love your big block quilt. I have a couple of tops I've done as big blocks and someday I'll figure out how to quilt them and get them finished.

Danielle said...

Just beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...