Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lightning, again!

When we first moved into this house two years ago, it was struck by lightning the second day we were here, effectively killing our TV.  Who says lightning can't strike twice?  This time, it fried our TV and our computer!  Now I'm going through the oh-so-fun process of an insurance claim.  We didn't wait to replace our items--the new TV was up after only two days!  I can't handle screaming kiddos in the morning without Sprout!  After some debate, we decided to purchase our first Mac!  I'm really excited and have my fingers crossed that the lightning stays far, far away!

In sewing news, I started working on items for a local bazaar in October.  I'm trying not to wait until the last minute to sew things.  My goal is in work on a WIP or custom order project, then work on something for the bazaar.  These will be Keyka Lou curvy clutch wristlets.  The fabrics on the left are exteriors, on the right are interiors.  I sort of chose fabric willy nilly. I need to get some more hardware to finish these, but it's a start!

7 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your poor luck with lightening strikes. As awful as it is for you, I've seen worse when two years ago the house across the street from us was struck and caught fire. They lost a lot. On a happier note, I'm glad to know you purchased a Mac. You won't regret it. I made the switch from PC to Mac three years ago, and last week Apple replaced my Macbook for free! Please visit my blog to read about it. Enjoy yours!

stefanie said...

So sorry to hear about the lightning strike. Glad to hear everyone made it through the ordeal safely. Enjoy your new Mac!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

oh my word... you're kidding!!!
(but at least it didn't fry the sewing machine... cute little pouches). :)

Lynette said...

Oh my god, Linda! How horrible for your neighbors. :(

I can't believe this happened to you before, Kelly. That's awful. :( Which bazaar are you vending at? I'll have to come buy something!!

Poppyprint said...

That is totally bizarre! Do people in your neighbourhood have lightening rods on their houses? Do you live at the top of a hill or something? So sorry you had to replace your electronics - that's such a drag. I look forward to hearing how you like the Mac. We haven't gone down that road yet, but I have a feeling our kids will influence our next computer purchase in that direction.

Those pouches will be so great!! Good on ya for the advanced planning.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh the length Steve Jobs will go to get you to buy a Mac!! You'll love it!
The pouches look amazing x

Katy Cameron said...

The pouches look great, but have you thought about getting surge protectors for your expensive electrics? Just in case it's trying for 3 strikes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...