Saturday, August 20, 2011

Custom Quilt Top Complete!

Mermaids, take two
I finished a custom order quilt top today!  The client saw the pink version I made a while back
Mendocino Mermaid Quilt complete!
She wanted one with the aqua/brown colors of Mendocino and wanted it a bit larger (to fit a full-size bed). I have to admit it was a little hard to cut into my stash of aqua Mendocino.  I know I'll never see more of it!
Mermaids, take two
I used Essex linen/cotton blend in Natural for my sashing this time because the client wanted to stay away from white.  I love the beachy feel of this!  I may suck it up and drive back down to the beach for a final photoshoot when this is done!
Mermaids, take two

Mermaids, take two
Now I have the unexciting task of piecing a back together.  This may be my least favorite part of quilting!  I'd rather iron than piece a backing!  

16 comments:

Jenny said...

wonderful Kelly

Katy Cameron said...

Love the style and colours

Meg said...

This is awesome! Such a great idea for these fabrics!

Katie B said...

WOW! So pretty, Kelly! Are you going to FMQ this one? It's just beautiful!

Jan Maree said...

great quilt - love the shading and the colors!

Gill said...

Gorgeous! I love it

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

This is beautiful; the fabrics were made for it!

Kati said...

This is really fabulous. That is one lucky customer.

Molly said...

Very lovely! This quilt will be a family heirloom for that lucky customer.

I'm about to piece together a back too and am just dreading it. Ugghhh.

Lucia said...

Oh so pretty, Kelly!

Jeannette said...

Really nice Kelly! I must say it would have been hard for me to cut into all the mendicino too :-)

KendasCrafts said...

Love that! Can't wait to see it finished!

Jill said...

This is really beautiful! Nice work!

ellesquare said...

if we lived closer, we could totally tag-team. i hate ironing!

Ali said...

So gorgeous! Hopefully your next back trip will be less eventful. :)

Amorette said...

this is amazing! i just found you on flickr on swim bike quilt's favorites. love this quilt and the colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...